Cacophonous Creations seeks to help everyone to defy their programming and encourage the voiding of warranties, especially those who do not have another outlet to do so. Meetups and workshops are crafted with the goal of reaching out to and empowering participants to overcome internalized social programming of self-doubt by providing an accessible forum, which serve in the development of new skills!
Want to schedule a workshop of your very own? Know someone who does? Use the tubes and send an e-mail Cat.
Classes on beginning eTextiles and re-purposing of found objects are happily offered to everyone curious about the wonderful world of eTextiles.
Workshops can either be a short class on sewing circuits and adding LEDs to fabric items or multiple day workshops for creating interactive garments using sensors! They can also be customized for most age groups and themes!
Please note that by attending an event, you agree to follow the Code of Conduct.
Maker Meetup- an all ages crafting incubator that supports the local creative scene and provides an opportunity for people to build a network and collaborate on future projects with people of varied skills. For example, if someone comes in to work on an embroidery project, another could show them how to incorporate conductive thread and LEDs to make that project light up. Tips and tricks are shared, and vary depending on who comes to the event. Projects shared at previous events include: trouble shooting code for Arduino, game design, sketching, sculpting, knitting, hand sewing, and miscellaneous hobbyist electronics tips from component suppliers to soldering tricks.
When: Every Wednesday, 6-9pm
A Sampling of Previous Events and Experiences:
- Maker Meetups, March 2014 – present
- Soft Circuit and Soldering Teaching Assistant, ChickTech Middle School 2015, July 2015
- Make and Take: Introduction to Soldering, Open Source Bridge, June 2015
- Breakout Session Facilitator: “Create a To-Do for Diversity Guide for Employers in Tech,” ACT-W, April 2015
- Make and Take: Cthulhu Pin, CthulhuCon, April 2015
- Make and Take, various, monthly at Lovecraft June 2012 – October 2014
- Make and Take: Introduction to Soft Circuits, Girls with Nerve, October 2014
- Make and Take: Illuminated Cuff, GearCon, July 2014
- Presenter: “A Brief History and Introduction to Soft Circuits,” GearCon, July 2014
- Make and Take: Introduction to Soft Circuits, Battery Powered Orchestra Workshop, August 2013
- Make and Take: Introduction to Soft Circuits, ChickTech Mid-Summer Picnic, July 2013
- Make and Take: Introduction to Soft Circuits, August 2012
- A Young Learner’s Introduction to Soft Circuits… with Monsters! August 2012
- Introduction to eTextiles: Sew a Glowing Ornament, Dorkbot PDX workshop at ADX, December 2011
- Make & Take: LED Anglerfish patch, ADX, September 2011
- Introduction to eTextiles: Sew a Circuit, Dorkbot PDX workshop at ADX, August 2011