All you’ll need to get started is:
- Conductive thread
- Conductive fabric
- Non-conductive material to insulate between them such as felt
- Light emitting diode– Please note that while a Lilypad LED is used in the tutorial, you can substitute a regular through hole LED and a resistor. [Huge thanks to Lynne Bruning for the tutorial!]
- Adhesive, such as glue dots or a low heat glue gun
Why not use Dia’s guide as an inspiration for your Halloween costume this year?
- Pick a design, say a fuzzy monster
- Add your strands of conductive fur
- When conductive thread fur touches your monster’s conductive fabric figure, the LED turns on!
Whatever design you choose, I hope you have lots of fun learning to make the world a more fun, lighty uppy place!
- Felt Flower Tutorial (cutoutandkeep.net)
- Crafty Fall Wreath (likeasaturday.com)
- Fuzzy Monster Snap Bracelets (iLoveToCreateBlog)